Friday, August 29, 2008

Hive Decision

Well, I've decided to go the route of the Cypress hives. I'm going to buy one beginner's starter kit hive, and one standalone hive. Both are kits, and being that I am one of those hands-on types, I am eagerly anticipating the purchase of both :-)

I'm hoping to get over to the farm sometime during the long weekend. I'll see if I can snap a few pictures. I left my camera in Florida at my mom's house during a vacation last week, so I'll have to borrow a camera. I also left the charger for my Macbook, which now has a dead battery, meaning I'll have to use my old desktop to upload any pictures I take. We shall see how well that works.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a splendid Labor Day weekend. Be sure to stay tuned for updates!

Also, as a sidenote: If anyone reading this has any suggestions for reading materials regarding beekeeping, I'd appreciate it greatly. As of now, I have "Beekeeping for Dummies" and of course all the wealth of information on the web, but I'd like to "expand my library" so-to-say.

No comments: