Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Planning

I've spent some time planning the layout of my hives in the yard, and come up with a nice plan that includes room (a safe distance away of course) to set up a lawn chair and watch the bees at work. I really can't wait to see the plans executed!

I've also been thinking over the hive decision. One thing that you may see about me is that I can be somewhat indecisive. :) Anyway, the only possible downside I see to the Cypress hive kit from Rossman is that it comes with plastic foundation of some sort. Until I know what kind it is, I'm not going to be 100% settled on that hive. So, I'm waiting to hear back from them on that. If worse comes to worse, I'll see if they can substitute beeswax foundation instead.

Anyway, I plan to order the hives on the 22nd (payday, lol) with whatever I decide on those. I'm also planning to attend a meeting of a local beekeeper's club on Monday, and looking forward to that too.

Hope everyone is well!

No comments: